Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Kermit vs. Charlotte

One of the things on our to-do list this summer was to catch a free movie. We woke up to some drizzle, so this seemed like a good day to try it. We had to decide between Muppets From Space and Charlotte's Web. After looking at the trailers and thinking that Charlotte's Web might be too sad, we selected Muppets From Space.

Neither one of us liked the movie. As CJ was dozing off to sleep tonight she said "I didn't like that movie when the music wasn't on". It's true. She turned away from the screen many times (like when they were going to do a brain sucking operation!) and even though I asked if she wanted to leave she said no and we stuck it out. Also, it was loud. I mean LOUD! I'm not a movie goer so I don't know if it is always loud or not, but why does it need to be so loud? And I'm surprised it wasn't rated as being more violent. There was a huge gun, lots of punching and the brain sucking plus did I mention it was LOUD? Sorry to the Disney-haters out there, but I would much rather let my child watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on TV then let her watch more movies like this.

The worst part was the far drive and that we have troubles making it out of the house in the morning and predicting how to get to the freeway without hitting road construction in Portland. But we ended up with a good day by shopping and even starting to find a few items to put in the gift closet for future birthdays and holidays.

No comments: