Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day #1 - I Heart Daddy

Thanks to Daddy, I can now throw away the pens and pencils I've been using to track my runs on a paper calendar for the last 10 years. Ever since I trained for the 98 Honolulu marathon with Team in Training, I have written down the total times of my runs. I've never really looked back at the calendar, but did feel a sense of satisfaction by logging them.

Today I received my very own Nike + SportBand. What a great Mother's Day gift idea - I wonder how Daddy came up with it?!? I was intrigued when Nike came out with the Ipod products, but since I am one of the six people in the world who don't own an Ipod, I never seriously considered it. About a month ago I received an email introducing the SportBand. Now I can track my runs online with pace, calories and distance along with the total time.

It appears I may need to investigate calibrating the band/sensor. I don't remember walking a 16 minute mile today and while I'd love to believe I can run a 7 minute mile, I seriously doubt that I could keep that speed up for half of the long run I did today.

No comments: