Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Design Girl & Words of the Day #3 Comes Full Circle

Tonight CJ brought out her "sticker book", (in reality a Pottery Barn paint chip collection) and started to ask Mama if the color was yellow. I read the back and the color was actually Sparkling Wine, which is more of a cream. Then she moved on to the next two colors and nailed them. She started talking about whether or not she should use "butter" or "gold". Watch out HGTV!



Then we were watching the Blazers game (#1-yes, she watches TV and #2-yes, it is often sports) and talking about the scores. See how Mama was turning it into an educational math lesson? She knew that they weren't in Portland because the floor wasn't red. So we were talking about the uniforms and how in the NBA (opposite of the NFL as far as Mama can tell), they wear white on the home court and black when they are the away team. Mama mentioned cowboys and how good cowboys wore white hats and bad cowboys wore black hats. Probably not a PC conversation, but it didn't matter because CJ butted in and said "I hate the Cowboys, but I LOVE their outfits. They are sparkly and have silver stars."

This was along line with the words of the day, which were holiday inspired Love and also Hate. " I love tomatoes, but I hate crunchy carrots." "I love this cinnamon applesauce, but I hated that pear sauce." (Totally a lie - she picked the pear sauce and never complained once about eating it).

Then Mama asked what books CJ and Daddy had read last night and CJ told her about Daddy's choice and her choice. She told me she selected her book because it was pink and white and sparkly. She also said "If you give me a choice, I'm going to choose pink and sparkly every time!"

No comments: